With the development in agricultural technology, biotechnology Government of India is trying to assist all the farmers to feed the increasing population as well as to avoid the dangers that may take place in the near future. However, we all know that farmers in India are not able to buy all these technologically advanced machines, crop seeds, fertilizers and many other necessary things as they have very low earnings as compared to the expenditure they bear. Hence, to find a solution the Government of India came up with various financial aid schemes for the farmers such as Central government subsidy schemes for agriculture, Agriculture subsidy in India, KISSAN Yojana, etc. From a farmer’s perspective, Tractor is the most helpful and necessary farm machinery which allows him to produce more yields with fewer efforts, multitasking ability, and low operational cost. Thus, buying a tractor at a reasonable price and with some financial aid is a big thing for every small farmer. To help out such farmers Government of India came upwith tractor subsidy for each major state of the country. Let’s see tractor subsidies for some major states of India in details:
1. Tractor Subsidy in Maharashtra:To encourage the farmers in the state to use farming machines, tractors in their day to day operations, the government of Maharashtra came up with several schemes for farmers so that they can buy tractors or any other farming equipment easily. The eligibility criteria for the subsidy application are:
- Applicants main profession should be agriculture or farming
- Only small and marginal farmers can take the benefits of the subsidy
- All the SC/ST farmers are eligible.
- Some self-help farmer groups can also apply for the subsidy.
- The repayment period of the borrowed amount is mainly depending on the purpose of the loan from 5-9 years
2. Tractor Subsidy in Madhya Pradesh:The MP government provides subsidies to small farmers to purchase tractors. Let’s see the eligibility criteria for applying for small tractor subsidy in Madhya Pradesh:
- All types of categories of farmers can avail the benefits from the subsidy for buying new tractors.
- The subsidy can be applicable for tractors up to 35 HP and it will be subject to a maximum of 25% of the tractor cost.
- The loan repayment period is up to 9 years.
- All the small and Marginal farmers with minimum land holding for cultivation can apply
- Co-operative farmer societies or progressive farmers should have a minimum of 6 acres or 2.51 hectares landholding.
- The land used for loan or subsidy should be free from encumbrances and should have clear ownership.
- The applicant must have his own land in use for crop cultivation and should use tractor or other agricultural implements to the extent of a minimum 50% of his own land.
- The applicant should possess a minimum of 4 acres of land.
- The applicant should grow high yielding commercial crops in his/her farm such as sugarcane, vegetables, and fruits.
- The loan repayment period for tractors is 9 years and for power tillers, it is 7 years.
5. Tractor Subsidy in Haryana:To encourage farmers in the district for buying modern technology farming machinery, enabling them to generate more income, Government of Haryana came up with Farm Mechanization Subsidy Scheme. Under this scheme, small and marginal farmers will get a 35% subsidy on tractors and 50% subsidy to buy tractors. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of the state.
- The scheme is applicable to only SC/ST farmers.
- Self-help farmer groups can apply for this scheme
- Minimum landholding requirement decided by banks should be followed.
- The loan repayment period for this subsidy is 5 to 9 years.
6. Tractor Subsidy in Rajasthan:To equal and right distribution of improved farming implements on subsidy, Rajasthan State Government has declared a subsidy program for farmers in the state. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- All the small and marginal farmers of the state, who can use the tractor for agricultural purposes as well as commercial purposes.
- The applicant’s bank credit score should be good enough to apply for the loan and subsidy.
- For implements drawn by a tractor, the subsidy is 50% of the cost amounting up to INR 1.50 Lakhs.